There are different ways that you can find payday loans and a comparison site is one of them. There are pros and cons though of using a comparison website and it is good to be aware of them so that you can decide whether this way of choosing a loan will be suitable for you.
Advantages of Using a Comparison Website
- Using a comparison website is a way to have a look at payday lenders quickly and compare them. The site will have a selection of lenders on it and you will be able to take a look at them and compare the interest rates and things like that. It will give you an opportunity to see some details about lenders.
- It will be easier to find lenders this way than using a search engine and you will also be able to see information quickly and easily, which you may not otherwise have done. If you use a search engine you will have pages of results and have to open up each one in order to find out more which can be very time consuming.
- Sometimes the sites have reviews on them as well and you will be able to find out what other people or the people that run the sites think about the loans which can be useful as well.
Disadvantages of Using a Comparison Website
- A comparison website will only have a selected amount of lenders listed on it. This means that you will not be able to compare every single one. So, it could be a useful start and you may want to look at several comparison websites or do some research yourself as well. This will enable you to see a bigger range of payday lenders which should help you to
- Many comparison websites will earn commission on the leads they create from sales. This means that it is very likely that they will only have payday lenders that they know they will earn well from. So, if there are some that do not pay good commission you may not find them on any comparison websites and it could be the case that they are the best for you.
- If there are reviews there is a possibility that they could be biased. If they are earning commission then they will want to really encourage you to sign up so you may find that the reviews are biased and will not be that useful. However, it can be worth a look to get an idea about the product if they are specific about features that it has.
So, there are some good reasons for using a comparison website but you will need to be careful. It can be a good idea to think about whether you should be doing your own research as well. It can be a good idea to speak to people that you know about their experiences as well as looking online for information in other places. People you know will be unlikely to biased and so you will get better information from them which will be more useful to you. See if there are any financial websites that you trust that you will be able to use to help you. It will take some time to do this research, but it will be worthwhile if it means that you will be able to save money or have a better borrowing experience as a result. There is always a risk that if you do not spend the time doing the research, that you will end up paying too much or not getting good value for money which is not good.